Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
NativeLingo’s learning levels are based on the CEFR Common European Framework of Reference for Languages for providing a comprehensive learning experience for kids on all developing all the four essential skills Reading, Speaking, Writing, Listening.
Sign up for an online language course and learn attractive skills that last for life. We also offer you a trial class is absolutely free and is completely commitment-free!
What is the CEFR??
We use the CEFR to assess your learning levels!
At NativeLingo, we use the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
It’s an internationally recognized standard that describes students learning progress to assess educational success . In simpler terms, the framework helps to describes language ability on a six-point scale, from A1 for beginners, up to C2 for those who have mastered a language.
The CEFR levels are leveraged in our curriculum for providing learning opportunities for all children by understanding each child’s unique individuality, academic strengths and interests and teach in a style which is both fun and practical, friendly and motivating!
A1 - Introduction
- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases.
- Can introduce self and others and interact in a simple way.
A2 - Beginner
- Can understand and use frequently used expressions (e.g. shopping, local geography & restaurant).
- Can communicate routine tasks and direct exchange of information.
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of their background and matters in areas of immediate need.
B1 - Intermediate
- Can understand the main points on familiar matters in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations while traveling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes, and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
B2 - Upper Intermediate
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency that makes regular interaction with native speakers.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
C1 - Advanced
- Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer clauses, and recognize implicit meaning.
- Can express ideas fluently without searching for expressions.
- Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic, and professional purposes.
- Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organizational patterns, connectors, and cohesive devices.
C2 - Master
- Can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read.
- Can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation.
- Can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently, and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning in the most complex situations.